Wark Church of England First School exists to serve its community and to provide a respectful caring environment, incorporating Christian values, where all children are helped to develop and learn to the best of their abilities.
- To achieve this mission statement, we have the following aims:
- To provide a happy, secure and disciplined environment in which learning activities are both stimulating and enjoyable.
- To provide a broad and balanced education, based on the National Curriculum, the Newcastle Diocesan Syllabus for Religious Education and Desirable Learning Outcomes.
- To provide a curriculum which is accessible to and challenging for all pupils and tailored to meet the needs of individual children.
- To enable all pupils to attain the highest possible standards at each stage of development.
- To encourage a respect for religious, spiritual, social, moral and cultural values within a framework of Christian principles.
- To promote the Christian principles of caring, co-operation, tolerance, friendship and love.
- To develop self-esteem, self discipline, enquiring minds, independence and high personal aspirations which will enable children to succeed now and in the future.
- To establish and maintain an effective partnership between home, school and community.